Wednesday, May 6, 2009

5/6 WOD

Man, still feel the after effects of yesterday's WOD. A push WOD was much appreciated, although my shoulders/upper back are pretty tired. But a weak spot for me so I like this stuff (kinda).

Push Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Not sure my technique is great, but I did spend a fair amount of time practicing it in my warmup. Still weird that whole jump and push down thing.

109-129-134-139-144-155(fail)-155(success!)

Tonight too started two total newbs in the fitness world. Amazing how a little competition at work can motivate some people. But whatever it takes. I'm happy they're in here and they worked hard tonight (after the initial whining).

I like starting with Fight Gone Bad, since it is super scaleable and good for multiple people. I thought it was going to be a long night during the warmups but once the action started it was good. Great effort, some people are going to be so sore tomorrow that they're going to not want to workout. But we will. We're shooting for the 5 on, 2 off schedule (Sun-Thu). I hope I can keep them motivated. I think the results they will see should be a good motivator. But as I told them, I can help with the output, you will have to work on the input (food). Keeping my fingers crossed.

Wall Ball (8' - basketball)
Sumo Dead Hang Pull (9# KB)
Box Jump (12" step)
Push Press (15#)
Row (strokes)

TWay - 258
Unelastigirl - 280

Excellent effort after not working out in ages. A great start - we'll keep building on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment