Sunday, May 24, 2009

5/24 WOD

"CrossFit Total"

Back squat, 1 rep
Shoulder Press, 1 rep
Deadlift, 1 rep

Slept on a hotel bed last night, probably not the best day to be doing heavy lifting but oh well. Still waiting for my weightlifting shoes to arrive. Hopefully soon as they're supposed to make a pretty significant improvement. I goofed around with bare feet and work boots but neither felt right. Guess I'm used to the squishy feeling of running shoes.

New PR tonight on the CFT:

Back squat - 245# (same as PR)
Shoulder press - 125# (new PR, old 120#)
Deadlift - 333# (new PR, old 320#)
Total 703# (new PR, old 685#)

Not a huge jump - disappointed in the squat number. I tried 255# but failed. Full depth (below parallel) is still tough for me. Shoulder press - man, still pretty weak. But +5# is better than nuttin'. The deadlift is still obviously my best lift, almost shortchanged myself a few pounds - re-added and got the 333# number.

So all in all gotta be happy with some improvement. It's a marathon I need to keep reminding myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment