Monday, May 4, 2009

5/4 WOD

Front squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps

Well, still learning this move - so used to doing back squats. Rough on the wrists, I'm identifying a number of areas where I have pretty pathetic flexibility (wrists, shoulders). So this is good, identifying weak areas and attacking them. I spent a good 30 minutes doing some shoulder flexibility work, and plan on doing that several times a week to get these things some range.

So back to the front squats - weird to try to find the sweet spot to rest the bar on your shoulders - my clavicles get in the way or my neck gets pinched a bit. Also working on the full depth squat (hips below knees). That is new to me too but I like it. I setup my sawhorses to act as a safety just in case I needed to bail.

Did actually 7 sets of 3 since I wasn't sure about weight.

93-103-123-143-163-173-183

Pretty darn happy with that last number. I might be able to hit the 200 mark right now, but the wrists/bar position are more of the limiting factor at this point. More good stuff though!

No comments:

Post a Comment