Wednesday, May 20, 2009

5/20 WOD

Four rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
50 Squats

Have I ever talked about how much I dislike running? Well, throw in a bunch of squats to make it even more miserable. But this should help me in my quest for a sub-6 mile with no specific running training, CF only.

14:36

I did the 4 x 400's in about 6:12 on open road, an out and back. So I think on a track in perfect conditions the sub 6 minute mark is doable. But we'll see.

The newbs were back at it after an extra rest day (or slacker day more like it). They yapped and yapped during the warmup so I ended up putting them through a tough test, the one they didn't like last time:

Puppy+ scaled version of Hansen:

3 Rounds
9# KB swings - 15 reps
Squat thrusts - 15 reps
Situps - 15 reps

TWay: 16:03 (last time) - 12:46 (this time)
Unelastigirl: 14:43 (last time) - 12:03 (this time)

Only difference was both did assisted situps, so that cut into the time some. But overall they did great! Nice improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment