Saturday, May 2, 2009

5/2 WOD

"Tabata Something Else"

Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises. Record total reps.

Nice beat down here. Even 20 minutes or so afterwards, my daughter asked my what was wrong? She-ite. 10 secs of rest is just like a little tease. Enough to catch a couple of extra breaths but then "ding" and you're off and running again.

Total score 318

47 pullups
77 pushups
85 situps
109 squats

I think I killed my score going out too hot on the first set of pullups (17) and pushups (22). My reps tapered off rapidly after those. But is it right to pace yourself to get a better score or go full tilt like a true interval?

No comments:

Post a Comment