Tuesday, May 5, 2009

5/5 WOD

Great so happy Cinco de Mayo now here is your WOD get ready to suffer...

Ten rounds for time of:
3 Weighted Pull-ups, 45 pounds
5 Strict Pull-ups
7 Kipping Pull-up

In the immortal words of Austin Powers when he gets hit in the head by the lethal shoe:



It sure did. I didn't do the set count thing as it would have been a data tracking nightmare (I did do the first round through unbroken). Just 10 rounds total time. I thought I was going to make it full RX'd, but at round 8 just couldn't must the 45# so scaled to 35#. 9 and 10 went to 25#. Still don't know how to kip, so I did some lame a$$ swing full body dry heave type pullup to substitute for the kip. Not efficient whatsoever. I didn't feel like this was a metcon type effort - lots of breaks simply due to necessity.

Total time - 40:26

And then of course leave it to me the dumba$$ to try kipping practice after this. Duh. That makes perfect sense. Wasted hands, arms, and upper back and I'm trying to practice. Clearly not thinking straight after that effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment