Saturday, May 16, 2009

5/16 WOD

Lovely rest day on 5/15. A clogged up drain and a couple of hours in the crawl space made for nice rest. Not to mention the who knows how much food build up in that pipe... yuck. Sorry, wrong blog... :)

Anyhow, onto the 5/16 WOD:

"Diane"

21-15-9 reps of:
225 pound Deadlift
Handstand push-ups

Seems like it has been awhile since I've done any major deadlifts, so this one spooked me a bit. Plus been struggling with hand stand pushups. After watching the HSPU progression videos, decided to setup a barbell on my squat rack (55" high). I pressed with my hands 14" away from the bar. So not true vertical, but again, making progress as I was able to get through all the reps (with breaks though of course). The deadlifts were challenging - but was able to do 10 in a row however so that is cool.

16:35

No comments:

Post a Comment