Monday, June 29, 2009

6/29 WOD

"CrossFit Total"

Back squat, 1 rep
Shoulder Press, 1 rep
Deadlift, 1 rep


Love the CFT! But with the hip flexor still a bit tender on deep squats I had to be careful with this one. Didn't want to re-aggravate the injury. Did a good warmup but wasn't feelin' it on the squats. Was happy though that I hit the same number as last time with the limitations. Should easily beat it once I'm all healed.

The shoulder press was disappointing. I'm not sure what I need to do to press more. I actually even dropped this time. Irritating.

Now onto the deadlift - something where I can actually move a fair amount of weight. I was excited after getting some digital coaching. I think I had pretty good form this time, really paid attention to my setup, strong torso, return to the ground, etc. Weight went up pretty good for a new PR!!! This lift put me over my PR for CFT too!

Back Squat - 245
Shoulder Press - 115
Deadlift - 360
Total - 720

Went from okay to bad to great. Very happy overall.

TWay and Unelastigirl were in the gym for:

For time
5 Beginner Pull-ups
5 Box dips

TWay - 7 rounds, 5:55
Unelastigirl - 10 rounds, 7:24

Good effort today, still want to see less legs involved in these moves as their strength progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment