Friday, June 19, 2009

6/19 WOD

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
Handstand push-ups 5 reps
Bench press 135 pounds, 10 reps
Push press 95 pounds, 15 reps
Dips 20 reps


Okay then... that sucked. My handstand pushups still blow and then throw in all that overhead press and tricep work? You have got to be kidding me. Got through the first round as RX'd. Substituted 10 ring dips for the regular dips. About 6 minutes to get through. Not great. Not horrible though either.

Then onto round 2. Crap. Was able to lower myself from a handstand position twice, but there was no way I was pressing up. So took the time to build up a 55" high structure (two plyo boxes and some bumper plates). Was able to do the leg assisted HSPU's that way. Holy crap that took forever. Got through the rest of the stuff okay and checked the stopwatch. 18 minutes. Tried doing some more HSPU's to no avail. Should've done some more bench and dips in those last two mins as I could've I think.

2 rounds, the 2nd round HSPUs scaled. Eek.

So as a penalty for the poor performance, I did some work with my new 26# slosh pipe. Me likey...

1 comment:

  1. Complete as many rounds in 12 minutes as you can of:
    Handstand push-up Progression, 3 reps
    Bench press 45-55 pounds, 6 reps
    Push press 15-25 pounds, 9 reps
    Bench Dips 12 reps

    I had to do push-ups on my knees. I figured I need to progress to real push-ups before I try handstand progressions. On the others I used the bar on the rack for bench press. Is that 45#? (yes - and it was too easy for you) and the shiny bar for push presses. 25#? (actually about 38#). That was what killed me. And I used the white PVC things (parallettes) for dips.

    Completed 4 full rounds and 5th round through 6 push presses.

    ReplyDelete