Wednesday, June 10, 2009

6/10 WOD

Back Squat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Might be reaching that point of needing to take a week off. Or get a little more sleep. Or maybe it was just the legs being fried after those pistols yesterday and then the thrusters the day before. After the death by deadlift WOD, I figured I needed to focus on form better for this WOD. Definitely made an impact - trying to keep the weight on the heels made this tougher and I couldn't get close to my PR (which now looking at might be a bit inflated since I likely used poor form - particularly weight shifting to toes).

Warmup: CFWUx2 - 135x8 - 185x4 - 205x2

225 - 235(fail) - 225 - 230(fail) - 225 - 230 - 230

So yes, below my PR of 245, but like I said better form. I definitely felt this more in the glutes then the previous ones. Gotta start focusing on the heel drive in my air squats too. Did tweak my glute/low back on about the 4th lift. Probably should've quit there but just couldn't get myself to do that. Happy overall but will likely feel that tweak for the next couple o' days...

No comments:

Post a Comment