Tuesday, June 2, 2009

6/2 WOD

Overhead Squat 5-5-5-5-5 reps.



Haven't really done these with much weight, but I remember in Phoenix for spring break doing some at 65lbs. Of course, now that I look at that WOD (Nancy), I did 15 reps @ 65# (but recall struggling with shoulder mobility on those). Oops, should've started heavier.

65-85-95-115-125(3)

Next time I start with 115lbs, which is what I'm doing in the video above. I think really only #3 and #4 were good. Still need to work on form. Shoulders are nice and toasty after this WOD. Great core lift.

Christmas in June at the gym too as my weightlifting shoes arrived. So very exciting. They turned out exactly as I designed them, and I really like them. Much more comfortable than expected and the lifts felt good in them. Did today's WOD in them.

And the newbs continue to show up and work. Their consistency should be applauded. Today was a scaled version of Hansen.

3 rounds
15 KB swings 9# KB
15 squat thrusts (parallette assist)
15 situps (assisted)

Unelastigirl killed it tonight - she did 5 rounds and used the 18# KB vs. the 9# she used when she last did it. Her time was 12:12 for 5 rounds with the heavier KB. Last time was 12:03 for 3 rounds and lighter KB. Awesome work! Will you please stop with the "I don't feel like I'm getting in shape" talk? Sheesh.

TWay did better too with more aggressive squat thrusts. Her time improved as well from 12:46 to 11:27. If we can reduce the leisurely H2O breaks, that time would be even faster. Good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment