Sunday, September 19, 2010

09/19 WOD

"Fran"

Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
95 pound Thruster
Pull-ups


Okay back on 04/08/10 I managed to do Fran in sub-5 minutes - 4:53 to be exact. An exciting day as I think that is a pretty significant milestone. However, knowing how far I've gone since then, I knew getting close to that PR wasn't going to happen. My goal was somewhere in the 6 minute range - even that might have been a longshot - I wasn't sure.

I warmed up with some thrusters and realized that 95# felt pretty darn heavy overhead. This wasn't going to be good. It has been awhile...

But to my surprise I hit my goal - 6:11. I'm not that far away from getting back into the 5 minute range. So that is exciting.

I'm going to take the next few days off from the WODs and then re-start back on the regular schedule instead of being so far behind. Conveniently I miss some really heavy thruster WODs... :)

Warmup: 500 jump rope, shoulder mobility stuff, CFWUx1 (mods 5 pullups)
C/D: more wind suckage

No comments:

Post a Comment