Monday, September 13, 2010

09/13 WOD

"Linda"

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet:

Deadlift: 1 1/2 body weight
Bench press: body weight
Clean: 3/4 body weight

Set up three bars and storm through for time.


Okay I have done this before as RX'd (most recently on 11/28/09), but considering I haven't deadlifted in months it didn't make much sense to try this at full RX. Especially because at full RX I remember this WOD about doing me in. For several days.

So I decided to scale to 80%. My weights were:

DL: 190#
BP: 130#
SC: 95#

The deadlifts were okay, but my low back is toast now. The bench press was easy, the only real break during the WOD. Squat cleans seem to hurt regardless of the weight due to the dynamic lift. Overall I'm pleased with how it went and how I felt. About 23K pounds moved vs. 29K when I did it previously. Almost 11 minutes faster, but that is a lot of extra weight. Still was sucking major wind at the end for awhile. Body should feel it pretty good over the next couple of days. Feels good to deadlift again!

26:33

No comments:

Post a Comment