Wednesday, July 29, 2009

7/29 WOD

Run 10 K

E-gads more running? Yuck. Plus I haven't run 10K for probably over 10 years, possibly longer. This would be a challenge for me. I had spent most of the day working on my climbing wall and wasn't very motivated to run. But I somehow talked myself into it and headed out. First 5K was 23 and change. Decent pace but not so fast that I wouldn't be able to finish. Knee starting feeling a little balky but managed to keep the pain to a very reasonable level. Pushed the last 1.5 miles thinking I was going pretty fast. Second 5K though was nearly 25 minutes. Oh well, still finished it and came in at 47:58. Pretty happy with that time. Calves were very tight afterwards. Cool down in an air conditioned car was probably not a good call...

No comments:

Post a Comment