Saturday, July 11, 2009

7/11 WOD

Well, took a few days off for a mini-vacation to visit the parents and for the daughter to spend some time with her cousins. Drove past the CF Games site and was disappointed to know that I wasn't going to make them. But in a change of events, I found out late Friday night that I could make it. Sweet! Unfortunately because it was so late I couldn't get a friend to come along but oh well... I WAS GOING TO THE FREAKIN' CF GAMES!!!

Amazing, even at bike races, I don't recall being around so many uber-fit people in my life. Some impressive physiques out there, and the elite athletes were amazing. Just like watching the Pros do the bike thing, except these folks don't make a living doing this stuff (for the most part).

So after standing around all day and watching these folks, decided I need to work harder. Soreness from standing around all day, sleep deprived, dehydrated, and after taking three days off, I decide to tackle Fran instead of the regular WOD. I haven't tried Fran for many moons and thought I could post a decent time. Well, throw that out the window. Not the greatest prep for this and I forgot how tough of a WOD it is. 8:08. Certainly not stellar but an improvement of 1:21 from the first time I tried it back in March.




No comments:

Post a Comment