Sunday, July 12, 2009

7/12 WOD

Well, figured in honor of the CF Games, I would go away from the regularly scheduled programming and do the "Chipper" as it was called. The last WOD for the competitors at the CF Games. I chose to do the women's scaling because the scaling for the men was too much for me (turns out the women's scaling was quite brutal too).

15 barbell cleans (100#)
30 toes to bar
30 box jumps (20 inches)
10 muscle-ups
30 push presses (25#)
30 double-unders
15 thrusters (95#)
30 pull-ups
30 burpees
300' Overhead walking lunges (25#)

Now to give one a sense of how bad a$$ the elite CF women are, here is a comparison of my weekend vs. the weekend of the eventual champion, Tanya Wagner:

Saturday
Me - 3 hours of driving, 7 hours of standing, spectating, dehyrdrating, 8:08 Fran that night.

Tanya - 7.1km run through treacherous terrain, big hills, ugly run; deadlift progression starting at 185# increasing 10# every 30 secs - she finished at 325#; 170m sprint up dirt hill gaining 100' carrying 35# sandbag; 500m row, drive 3' stake into ground (had to get it started too), 500m row; three rounds of 30 wall ball shots and 30 squat snatches.

Sunday
Me - woke up late, lolly gagged around, sat at the park while daughter played (I did climb up the play structure fireman style pole starting from a seated position with no legs!), fell asleep on the floor in the garage, ate a load of japanese food. Then did the "Chipper" from Hell. My time was 37:27, but technically I would've DNF'ed since I had to do muscle up progressions. I'm sure it is a technique thing so I just need to keep practicing.

Tanya - 1 RM snatches; as many rounds as possible in eight minutes of four handstand push-ups on paralletes, eight kettlebell swings (1.5/2 pood) and 12 GHD sit-ups; and then the "Chipper". She did it in 29:34. Crushed me after tons more work over the weekend than me. Amazing. The top finisher of the Chipper did it in 18:24!!! Holy chit!

I had a great appreciation for their athletic ability - but now it is ten fold of what it was. Amazing athletes.

Check out Tanya in the Hill Sprint with sandbag (in 3rd place in the video):

No comments:

Post a Comment