Friday, July 17, 2009

7/17 WOD

"Nancy"

5 rounds for time of:
400 meter run
95 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps


Well, didn't feel like running/leaving the garage tonight, so I substituted rowing. Did a test row and 300m was about equivalent to my 400m run time. Substituted 65# for the overhead squats. Still don't seem to have a ton of strength/flexibility in my hip flexors. I did have some pretty good form this time however and it seemed to go a bit better on the overheads in most cases.

16:15 was the last time I did it. This was 14:27. Last time I ran on a treadmill too.

Also, practiced muscle-ups again and this time I was adequately warmed up. Got another one after several tries - I will have this move mastered soon. Have to keep practicing. The false grip is the key. It certainly doesn't feel great though that grip. Not sure how people do many multiples in a row with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment