Thursday, April 2, 2009

4/2 WOD

"Jerry Hill's Dirty 30 CrossFit Workout"

Jerry Hill's site is one of the first CF sites I stumbled upon when I first started doing CF related stuff. He's got some crazy chit going on there. This Dirty 30, the infamous Beowulf, and some other fun stuff. Good tutorial videos too.

Anyhow, so this wasn't the original plan for tonight, however, JDub thought the workout I had planned wasn't a big enough circuit. Okay then, ask and you shall receive. Silly girl. Introducing the Dirty 30:

*30 reps each once through for time*
Kettlebell swing (35#Women - 55#Men)
Wallball (12W - 15#M)
Box Jump (26"W - 32"M)
Hang Clean to a Push Press (55W - 75M)
Pushup
Jumping Pullup
Kettlebell High Pull (52W - 70M)
Jumping Slamball (12W - 15M)
Dumbbell Situp and Press (15W - 25M)
Burpees!

Do I even have to say that a CF workout is painful? It's a bit redundant, eh?

So JDub and the Dark McKnight were here and pushed it hard again. Lots of moaning and groaning... yeah baby! Well, they were working their a$$es off getting through the program. What were you thinking? This is a PG site... ;)

The Dark McKnight - 17:27
JDub - 19:10

Great work! Still need to work on form but the effort/output is definitely there although I'm curious how JDub recovers so quickly... hmm...). They scaled the workout - 18# KB swing, 10# Wallball, 18" step up, 25# hang clean push press, knee pushups, jumping slam ball 10#, KB high pull 26#, dumbbell situp 10#. I think we can step things up a bit as they're getting through all reps without any hint of needing a break.

I on the other hand needed several stops in my workout. I did everything as recommended except the KB swing as I don't have anything larger than a 35#. I'll pick one up soon however. Oh and I substituted a 70# barbell for the KB high pull. Who came up with the idea of a 32" box jump? 30 times?!!! Fok, I was afraid I was going to do a faceplant. Managed to survive it okay, but dayamn, that is getting up there.

My time: 24:15. Ribs felt okay on the jumping pullups, but then again, that is a lot less stress on them than a standard pullup. Will still take it easy for another week or so. But then the climbing rope gets installed and we'll test things out.

A good night at the Gin Gym... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment