Monday, January 18, 2010

01/18 WOD

Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3 reps

Well, have never done this before. So wasn't sure where to start. I know my max deadlift is 374, but it seems like it has been awhile since I did heavy deadlifting. I entered that number into the fancy schmancy online max rep calculators, and came up with like 354x3. WTF?!!! Well, at least that gave me something to shoot for.

I did the CFWUx2, and then did 132x8 and 222x4 for my warmup. Should've probably done one more set at say 288x4 to get ready. But instead I went for it.

332.5 - struggled mightily, too big a jump up, almost dropped it on rep 2
332.5 - regrouped, got it this time, but struggled rep 3
332.5 - figured this might be my max, but felt decent this round
335 - what the hell, went up 2.5 lbs. and got it.
337.5 - and for good measure, went up 2.5 lbs. more and stuck the landing Jim. Not easily though.

354? I don't think so. But I'm pretty darn happy with what I did. My very first CF Total my max DL was 295, so to pull this was nice. I might have been able to load it to 340, but this will give me a good starting point, should I decide to go CFSB, which I have been considering (might do CFE though now that I've committed to some nutcase 24-36 hour adventure race). Body weight around 157.

No comments:

Post a Comment