Wednesday, June 27, 2012

06/27 WOD

ASWOD
Deadlift 5 RM (add 10 lbs to last workout)

325# felt pretty darn easy.  I punched in what I could do on a 1RM on an online calculator and at 7 reps of 325# it said 397#.  I thought I could've easily done that.  So I threw on 400# and went for it (probably not the smartest thing not trying to move up incrementally).  On my first attempt I started picking it up and thought, "dang that is heavy."  Being a bit scared I set it down.  But I knew if I committed to it I could do it.  So I went back for atttempt number two and got it!!!  Previous PR was 385# set last year.  Haven't been doing heavy deadlifts for some time now so that was pretty exciting.  I was definitely riding a high after that.  But not high enough to want to do the DWOD - I was pretty much exhausted so I skipped it.

GPP Warmup: 500 barefoot singleunders, shoulder/hip/leg mobility, CFWUx1+ (OHS @45#, 20 reverse hypers, GHD stuff x20 reps, ring dips, strict pullups)
Deadlift warmup:  5@135#, 5@185#, 3@255#, 1@305#

No comments:

Post a Comment