Wednesday, June 20, 2012

06/20 WODs

ASWOD
Deadlift 5RM

DWOD
On the minute:
2 Power Snatch and 10 Sledge Strikes, alternating arms, for 15 minutes
*Use 85% of Power Snatch from 6-12-2012 SWOD
**10 sledge strikes total, 5 per side

Okay haven't pulled a heavy deadlift since my shoulder injury.  Picked out a number I thought was doable and reasonable and went after it - I did this weight at the CF seminar I attended easily for 1 rep.  Low back was a bit tired, but weight went up pretty easily.

315#

Nice to know there is more in the tank.  Looking forward to doing more deadlifts now that the shoulder is feeling pretty much better (might never get 100% ever).

Well, suck at anything snatch related (at least the Olympic weightlifting related stuff).  Used only 95# for the two power snatches.  Don't have a tire to hit with the sledgehammer, so did ball slams with a 20# ball (should've gone heavier).  I did 16 rounds since I started on zero and then did my last round on the 15 minute mark.

Kept the warmup lower in volume - wanted to see how little I could get away with and also not be fairly well spent for the 5RM deadlift.

GPP warmup:  450 singleunders, 50 doubleunders, shoulder/hip/leg mobility stuff
Deadlift warmup:  5@135#, 5@185#, 5@235#, 2@275#
More mobility stuff for the cool down!

No comments:

Post a Comment