Thursday, May 17, 2012

05/17 WODs

ASWOD
Squat 3x5 (add 5 lbs to last workout)
Bench 3x5 (add 2.5 lbs to last workout)

DWOD
Complete 5 rounds:
1 Minute of Max Reps with Two Arm KB Push Press - 1.5 pood
1 Minute of GHD Back Extension Isometric Hold
*For GHD Isometric Hold, hold at the top of the back extension. Cross arms across the chest or if you are bad ass, place hands behind the head.
Post total reps on push press and whether or not you were able to complete 5 rounds of isometric holds.

Traveled so my schedule is slightly off.  Will make up over the weekend.  Missed this one last week since I was at my parents so excited to get back at it.  Squat felt great, as I wore my Oly shoes.  Full A2G squats and hip flexor was a happy camper.  Will continue to use these going forward.  Bench was solid too - I moved up like I hadn't skipped last week.  Had no problems with the bigger jump.  Even paused at the bottom on round 3 of the bench to simulate powerlifting requirements.

Squats @ 210#
Bench @180#

For the DWOD I chose 30# dumbbells.  Might have been a little light - I need to start trying to use more weight for overhead stuff since that is a goat of mine.  Was able to hold all 5 of the isometric holds.  Should've tried with the hands behind my neck.

Push press reps:  23-16-15-14-13 (81 total)

Warmup:  450 singleunders, 50 doubleunders, shoulder/hip/leg mobility stuff, CFWUx1+ (OHS@65#, reverse hypers @20# DBs, GHD stuff x20 with 10# med ball, dips@45#, strict pullups)
Squat warmup:  10 air, 10 plate, 10@95#, 8@135#, 5@185#
Bench warmup:  10@95#, 8@135#

No comments:

Post a Comment