Saturday, October 2, 2010

10/02 WOD

5x3 Deadlifts

"Jack"

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
115 pound Push press, 10 reps
10 KB Swings, 1.5 pood
10 Box jumps, 24 inch box


Not sure why I was talked into doing heavy deadlifts before the Jack WOD but I did. Okay so a little competition perhaps... :). Anyhow I haven't done any heavy deads for awhile so was excited and a bit nervous too. I used to have a pretty good 1RM for my BW (374# @ 158 BW). I did some warmups and felt pretty good. So I started at 275. Increased weight 10 pounds each time. Things felt good. Last set at 315 felt very good, I think I could have definitely gone heavier. But considering that I haven't lifted heavy, I'm totally happy!

Jack WOD was scaled to 80# push presses, 35# kettlebell swings, and 20" box jumps. Did 11 rounds + 5 push presses. Gassed afterwards but pleased with the volume. Continuing to make progress... :)

Warmup: 500 jump rope, shoulder mobility stuff, CFWU x1 (mods - 45# OHS, ring dips), 135# x8 deadlifts, 225# x4 deadlifts
C/D: foam roller action

No comments:

Post a Comment