Wednesday, October 6, 2010

10/06 WOD

"Jerry"

For time:
Run 1 mile
Row 2K
Run 1 mile


Okay, figured this one was going to hurt badly, especially considering my lack of running. Plus, the last time I ran a 5K, it was nearly 34 minutes - pathetic really. And to make this more interesting, my friend and I competed on this one. She is a runner so had a huge advantage over me (and didn't take 3 months off from working out). We talked about what kind of times we were hoping for. 25 minutes was the goal. I figured I would go 8 minutes for the first mile, 8 minutes for the rower, and 9 minutes for the second mile. Seemed plausible...

Well, I felt pretty darn good running (on the treadmill), and ran a 7:06 first mile! Much better than the 11 minute pace from just three weeks ago. Unfortunately I think that was too hot, as I was fried for the rower. Came in at 9:39. I was going to have to make up time on the second mile... Didn't happen and came in at 8:57. Mix in some transition time and my time was 26:10. Wonder if I had conserved a little more energy on that first mile if it would've helped my row. Hadn't rowed since before the summer, so maybe I was expecting too much. Oh well, happy about getting my fitness back. Definitely felt better than during that 5K.

My friend's results? She kicked my butt and came in at 25:09. Nicely done! Next time I will prevail... :)

Average HR - 176, max HR 193

Warmup: 100 jump rope, 250m row, 0.25 mile run on treadmill
C/D: a little foam roller action

No comments:

Post a Comment