Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10/05 WOD

Snatch, 1 rep
Clean and jerk, 1 rep
As many rounds and reps as possible in ten minutes of:
55kg Squat clean, 6 reps
12 Pull-ups
24 Double-unders

Add together the best snatch (in kg), the best clean and jerk (in kg), and the total reps performed in the triplet for your final score
.

Okay took an unplanned rest day but needed it - not enough sleep and feeling tired. This one looked interesting, guess I did a little preparation with the heavy/metcon couplet I did a few days ago.

Snatch for me isn't a great lift. But oddly, I was able to better my PR by 8 lbs. despite not doing this lift for quite some time. 125 lbs./56.5kg. I tried 135 and then 130 but no luck. I think had I done the 135 on the 125 lift I woulda got it - that one seemed like the perfect lift and went up nicely.

Clean and jerk - overhead stuff continues to be my nemesis. Didn't help that my left shoulder is tender due to the previous WOD's muscle-ups. Didn't think I was going to do very well but matched my PR @ 176 lbs./79kg. Blasted my chin but was able to still hit the lift successfully. So overall pretty pleased. My strength seems where it was before this summer, just need to get the metcon back.

Speaking of metcons, did the 10 minute jobber and sucked wind. Double unders got really slow at the end - was fried. Did 3 full rounds + 6 squat cleans + 11 pull-ups. Total score for the metcon - 143

Overall total score = 278.5

Warmup: 250 jumping jacks, shoulder mobility stuff, CFWUx1 (mods 45# OHS, ring dips); bunch of snatch work; some clean and jerk work.
C/D: more laying down... I gotta work on my cool down...

No comments:

Post a Comment