Tuesday, September 29, 2009

9/29 WOD

Snatch 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

This is a lift I have never done before. Appeared easy enough when watching the videos, but in reality was very technical and I couldn't do it very well. I practiced a lot with a weighted PVC bar and felt pretty good. But once I threw some weight on there, well, not so good:

1 - 65
2 - 89 bad form
3 - 89 little better
4 - 89 about same as #3 but better depth
5 - 89 two failures before success on #3 which was probably my best on yet
6 - 89 best yet, still wobbly in the hole
7 - 94 two failures, 3rd one pretty good

So certainly am not going to be breaking any records anytime soon. But I'll keep practicing and see how I can do. Thank goodness for bumper plates though - no way you can do these safely without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment