Sunday, August 9, 2009

8/9 WOD

"Tabata Something Else"

Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.


Well, after the nice deadlift WOD, figures a lung burner would be next. This was going to be tough (as usual). I tried a different strategery this time to see if I could hit a higher number. Here was my plan:

7 pull-ups per round for 56 total
11 push-ups per round for 88 total
12 sit-ups per round for 96 total
15 squats per round for 320 total
Total reps 360

My previous score was: 318

47 pull-ups
77 push-ups
85 sit-ups
109 squats

I had forgotten my previous score and was shooting for the 360 number. But this would be highly unlikely with my week off after a couple bad weeks of overtraining/not enough rest. But I went with the strategy and here are my scores:

45 pull-ups
84 push-ups
80 sit-ups
109 squats

For a total of... 318. Amazing, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment