Sunday, August 16, 2009

8/16 WOD

Well, finally felt good enough to get back at it after Linda. Dayamn, quite possibly that was the toughest workout I've ever done. I may try to sneak in the 1RM front squat WOD somewhere soon as I need some squat work.

Today's WOD:

"Ryan"

Five rounds for time of:
7 Muscle-ups
21 Burpees

Each burpee terminates with a jump one foot above max standing reach.


So considering the most muscle-ups I have ever done is two, this was going to be near impossible for me. I was looking into scaling and decided after doing a couple of warmup muscle-ups to try the "Pack" scaling on BrandX and do three rounds of each. Still, 21 muscle-ups? When all I did in the past was 2 max? Could be a long night.

Well, I had pretty decent success at them. The false grip IS the key. I managed to wear some skin off of my hand below the palm almost on the wrist area. But I successfully got through the 3 rounds. Just missed sub-14 minutes at 14:01. But I was very thrilled to have done that many. I strung together only 2 at a time, but overall very nice improvement. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment