Wednesday, August 12, 2009

8/12 WOD

"Linda"

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet:

Deadlift: 1 1/2 body weight
Bench press: body weight
Clean: 3/4 body weight

Set up three bars and storm through for time.


I actually have been wanting to do this one for some time now. So I was pretty excited to see this WOD posted. But then I calculated the total load I would be lifting and it kinda spooked me. I weigh 160#, so deadlifts at 240#, bench press at 160#, and squat cleans at 120#, for a total of 28,600# when all was said and done. Yikes. Thought I should probably scale, but then went against that and went for it. Figured this one hasn't shown up for a year plus apparently, so this was my chance.

Dang, that was uber hard. I really wanted to stop after the 8's. But knowing that I was half way through with the reps helped me. I finally dropped my bumpers from a higher position! Those squat cleans were rough, since they were a much more dynamic lift. Few times felt light headed and I was wrecked for about an hour afterwards. The heat probably didn't help either. But I finished as RX'd!!! Not fast by any means, but a significant accomplishment. 41:25

Not looking forward to another Linda anytime soon... unless she's dressed like the one above... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment