Sunday, March 29, 2009

Interesting experiment...

So I raced my mountain bike yesterday - haven't ridden a bike in 5 months but have been doing the CF thing now for about two months. Three laps of about 10 miles each, about 3 hours of total work. I was curious to see how my body would respond to the lack of riding. What I learned:

1) No high gear - couldn't really hammer that hard but was able to maintain a pretty constant pace. Need more leg work!

2) Upper body/neck - no soreness whatsoever. Hands feel fine too. Usually if I take a lot of time off the bike and come back the body really feels it.

3) Level of suffering was no worse than the CF workouts, with periods of actual enjoyment to offset the pain.

So clearly if I want to be faster on a bike I need to ride my bike (I knew this). But I'm enjoying the CF stuff so much it will be tough... But I will try to mix in a couple of rides with the CF training.

No comments:

Post a Comment