Tuesday, January 11, 2011

01/11 WOD

Three rounds for time of:
6 Muscle-ups
30 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball
12 Handstand push-ups
135 pound Power clean, 15 reps


Let's see - I'm okay at muscle-ups (but haven't done them in awhile), I suck at wallballs, I suck at handstand pushups, and I'm okay at the power clean. This wasn't going to be good. So I decided to scale:

Three rounds for time of

3 Muscle-ups
20 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball
9 Handstand push-ups
135 pound Power clean, 12 reps


Okay so everything the same except less volume. Forgot how much muscle-ups torque on my shoulders - and then add wallballs and handstand pushups for good measure. Actually, the wallballs felt decent - I guess all my shoulder press work helped there some. The handstand pushups were suspect as I did them against my barbell on the squat rack in the highest position. Definitely some leg pull assistance. Did hang power cleans - kinda wish I had done standard power cleans - might have been easier actually.

16:29

So nothing special and I probably would've added at least 10 minutes to this time had I tried it rx'd.

Warmup: (in VFF's) 500 jump rope, shoulder mobility stuff, 1x10 shoulder press@45#, CFWUx1 (mods - OHS@45#, ring dips), 5 wallballs, 5 hang power cleans at 95#

No comments:

Post a Comment