Sunday, January 9, 2011

01/09 WOD

Weighted pull-ups 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Okay, cool, love the 1RM WODs (well except maybe for the deadlifts which I know are going to torch me big time). Have done this before with some decent numbers. My PR was 90# (92.5# chin-up style). Last time I did this however didn't hit 90#. Was hoping to hit that 100# mark this time. And I did just that - and even surpassed it!!!

71 - 81 - 86 - 93 - 98 - 103 - 107.5 (one hand grip reversed)

Was irritated that I switched my grip and decided that I needed to try it in pull-up position. Did it two more times as I wasn't sure if I got the chin over the bar. Video pretty much confirmed I did. So did two bonus rounds! Sweet! Also, for all but the last two rounds, did 1x10 shoulder press @45# (working on that overhead stuff - should start increasing the weight some). So very happy about this! Oh and bodyweight 167# dressed in workout clothes.

Warmup: (in VFF's) 500 jump rope, shoulder mobility stuff, shoulder press 1x10@45#, CFWUx1 (mods - OHS@45#, ring dips)

No comments:

Post a Comment