Tuesday, February 9, 2010

02/09 WOD

Crazy day in the gym. Two WODs for me, my daughter worked out, and Dr. Reid was again in the house. Here we go!

First WOD
For Time:
95lbs for Power Cleans and Push Press
10 Ring Dips
2 Power Clean and Push Press
9 Ring Dips
4 Power Clean and Push Press
8 Ring Dips
6 Power Clean and Push Press
7 Ring Dips
8 Power Clean and Push Press
6 Ring Dips
10 Power Clean and Push Press
5 Ring Dips
12 Power Clean and Push Press
4 Ring Dips
14 Power Clean and Push Press
3 Ring Dips
16 Power Clean and Push Press
2 Ring Dips
18 Power Clean and Push Press
1 Ring Dip
20 Power Clean and Push Press


Um, major suck factor. Scaled to ~90#. That is a lot of volume overhead. Left shoulder did not likey. But grinded and got'r done. 26:36.

WOD 2
Choose ONE Of The Following Sports
Swim, Bike Run, C2
Swim: SC: 15min, LC: 20min, U: 30min
Bike:SC-LC 70min, U: 90min
Run: SC: 20min, LC: 40min, U: 70min
C2: 25min


I chose the rowing since my legs were still fried from yesterday's interval work. This did not help them. And this sucked. Rowing for 25 minutes is rough. I like the saying about rowing "machines" - "It's not a machine - machines make your life easier." True dat. I covered 5,230m in 25 mins, (5K in 23:56). Not fast but the best I think I could've done - well, maybe I coulda pushed harder. Average HR 152, max 164.

Daughter did a modified version of my first WOD. Same pattern, but substituted bench pushups and she used my weighted PVC pipe for push presses. She is a stud. Said it was too easy. 7:24

Dr. Reid is on Day 5 of her onramp program. This time:

3 rounds
300m row
5 knees to elbow (KTE)
10 push press

We practiced several moves and got her ready for this WOD. Knees to elbow were knees to waist and push press started with 15# but that was too easy so I upped it to 25#. Even that might have been too easy. But taking baby steps.

8:18. Solid effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment