Thursday, February 4, 2010

02/04 WOD

Anaerobic Endurance Strength and Conditioning Rest Day

Choose ONE Of the Following Sports:

Swim, Bike, Run, C2

12min Time Trial:

Cover as much Distance as Possible.

I chose the bike. Since I was on a trainer, have no idea how far I went. Spun the 53x21 at 75-80 RPM (I've always been more a masher vs. spinner). Average HR was only 138 and max 143. My legs failed before I could get the HR really high. Need to definitely ride more. Per a gear inch calculator, I covered 3.1-3.3 miles in that time.

And I was given this option so chased this workout down with this:

Strength and Conditioning Recovery...

This can and should be done the day of races, after long runs, or on Sundays after interval work.

Glute Ham Developer Sit-ups (make sure you are extending knees aggressively to come up... your quads should also burn on this) 3 x 15, Glute Ham Developer hip extensions (hamstrings and butt should burn), Kettlebell/Dumbbell swings 3 x 15 @ 36#, Bench Press @112#, Pull-ups All exercises with light - medium weight. 3 sets! Reps are until you feel burn in target area or prescribed amount. This is not a timed WOD.

Dr. Reid was back in the gym and did the following:

Run 200m
Lunge 30 ft
10 jumping pull-ups
3 rounds

2:36 - 2:50 - 2:55

She worked hard, felt nauseous afterwards, good stuff! Practiced a lot of stuff including rowing, deadlifting, and started the kipping progression. Still need work on overhead squats - let her take some PVC home... No excuses soon... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment