Tuesday, April 13, 2010

04/13 WOD

"Erin"

Five rounds for time of:
40 pound Dumbbells split clean, 15 reps
21 Pull-ups


Was in Denver on bidness, but managed to get this WOD in. I tell you, it was really weird though - I got a free pass to go into a globo gym and I was a bit lost. My warmup took me all over the gym, with the strangest looks coming from doing overhead squats with the 45# bar for warmups. I haven't been in a gym to workout in long, long time.

At first I was going to scale at 30#, but it felt pretty easy. So instead did full RX'd. I have to say that my split cleans were really more like hang power cleans. I didn't realize it until afterwards that it called for split cleans. Might have been better actually to get under these things instead of muscling them up. The pullups were rough due to a super skinny pullup bar. Killed my hands - a little blood and definitely some blister action. Oh and this little thing called altitude. Holy smokes, working out at 5,280' is a little different that the 600' or whatever my garage is. Got through it but grip and arms were torched. 19:33.

Had the three amigos do their own different workouts, body weight stuff - scaled version of Angie.


T-Way and Unelastigirl did 3 rounds of 180m run, 15 pushups, and 15 squats.

More good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment