Saturday, April 10, 2010

04/10 WOD

Skill day, learned how to kayak! Was out with a friend who I last recall from elementary school - over 30 years ago! She is a stud on a kayak (and a stud athlete overall) and showed me the ropes.

Big core workout and my hip flexors were screaming at me. Turns out I wasn't really positioned properly in the kayak. I figured I was just not in kayak shape and that was how it was going to be until I spent more time in the boat. But once I got situated I was much better. Not fast by any means, but more comfortable.

I think we ended up doing 5 miles - I felt like I was going to fall in a few times, but saved it each time. Wore a small patch of skin off my thumb (just like a CF WOD!)

Had tons o' fun and was great catching up with an old friend. Thanks JZ!!

No comments:

Post a Comment