Saturday, March 13, 2010

3/13 WODs

Jump Rope Barefoot 5 min., mixing in variables of DU's, Cross Overs, single foot, running.

5 - 7 wall walks (start standing up with your back to the wall about 3 feet away. Lean back until your hands come in contact with the wall. Walk your way down as deep as you can. Reaching the floor is your ultimate goal. Walk back up the wall with out falling. That is 1 wall walk). Rest as needed between. OR 5 Bridges for 30 second holds, rest 30sec to 1 min between.
*****Rest 5 mins*****
4 rounds of:
6 hang power snatches @ 115# (unbroken)
25 double unders (unbroken)
*****Rest 5 mins*****
2 minutes Hollow Rock, rest 1min, 2 mins Supermans


Okay had to scale the snatches to 95#. I wasn't able to do all 4 rounds unbroken (did two of them, should've done all of them just lost technique), but did pretty good. Considering my 1 RM used to be 95# (now 117#) I'll take it. The double unders went well, I think 3 of the 4 rounds unbroken. Supermans weren't so super after destroying my posterior chain with that damn 150 deadlift/150 pushup WOD.

3+ Hours After Anaerobic Endurance Strength & Conditioning WOD
Choose ONE of the Following Sports:
Swim, Bike, Run, C2
3x7 min intervals w/3min recovery between rounds.
Hold maximal distance possible on each of the 7 min rounds.


Haven't run all week, so decided I better run. Hit the dreadmill which is good mental training for the adventure race. Still sore from the assorted WODs during the week so didn't expect anything too special - plus a little congested - not sure if I'm getting sick or if it the result of some allergies with Spring on its way. I was targeting 7 minute miles. I seem to run slower on the treadmill, not sure why. Anyhow, I got close, and am reasonably happy with the effort:

1.01 miles, 0.96, and 0.92

No comments:

Post a Comment