Tuesday, March 30, 2010

03/30 WODs

Back Squat 5x1 @ 95%-100% New PR or Fail, Rest (240sec) between sets.
Rest 5-7min
L-sits on Rings, accumulate 2min total time in L-sit postion. Use Dip bars if Rings are not availble.
Rest 2min
5x1min Hand Stand holds. Rest 90sec between sets.

3+ Hours After Anaerobic Endurance Strength & Conditioning WOD
Bike: 4 x 5k holding best possible pace. Not slowing more then 10sec in even/odd directions if outside. 2min recoveries.


Okay, the back squat is one of my weaker lifts (compared to my deadlift). My PR is 274 and the depth on that was questionable. So I was going to make a concerted effort to get deep on these. Warmed up with lighter weights and did this:

250 - 250 - 260 - 265 - 275(F)

I got really good depth on the 265 so I feel as though that is my legit PR. Need to do more heavy squatting!

L-sits were interesting. First attempt did 45 seconds! After that it was series of 15 second efforts with breaks in between. Crazy.

The handstand holds you would think are a piece of cake. But they're not. I was unable to hold the last round all the way through - made it to about 50 seconds, but then had to come down.

Later did 4 x 9 minutes on the bike trainer at a pretty strong tempo. Will be interesting to see how my bike legs are this weekend...

Dr. Reid was in the house and we did a scaled version of one of the recent main page WODs:

5 Rounds
3 Front Squats (PVC-65#)
7 Pullups (beginner/assisted)

She did 35# on rounds 1-4 and then I bumped it up to 40# on round 5. All were still too easy so we'll definitely go heavier next time. Good depth finally!!! I think after sending her this photo she got it... :)

For the pullups she did beginner pullups on my rings - she cheated a bit on round 4 but overall put in a good effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment