Monday, March 29, 2010

03/29 WOD

"Helen"

3x
400m Run
21 Kettle Bell Swings 1.5pood/1 pood
12 Pull Ups

Rest 10min
5x5 Dragon Flags, Rest as long as needed between sets


Okay, been awhile since I last did Hell-en. So really had forgotten the pain associated with this one. Was doing some calculations and figured I could get sub-10 minutes on this. Last time I did it was on 09/30/09 and it took me 12:39 - so sub-10 might be a pipe dream. I watched OPT's sub-7 minute performance for motivation, but I think that scared me more. I changed my expectations to sub-11 minute. That seemed achievable.

I ran on the treadmill - maxed it out at 10mph on the first go round, 2nd round went about 0.20 at max and then slowed, and round three was at about 9mph. The KB swings were actually the best for me, did them all unbroken on every round! Pullups, well the kip wasn't great but did the first round unbroken, 8-4 second round, and 4-4-4. I looked up at the clock and it read:

9:46

Hell yeah!!! Did the dragon flag thingies more than 10 minutes later but certainly didn't do them well. But it still worked me. Very happy about tonight's effort!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment