Friday, October 9, 2009

10/9 WOD

Run 5 K

Well, had moved the treadmill into the gym so decided to give this a shot on that. Haven't run a long distance in awhile and figured it would be pretty tough to set a PR (22:08). But thought that it might be doable on the treadmill since it is a little easier... or so at least I thought.

All this time I've been doing CF I've been running outside with no knee pain (in my bad left knee). Even on the 10K I didn't hurt. So this time on the treadmill however my left knee started to really bother me and I had to slow down big time on the second mile. But I must have been compensating for it, as I developed a blister on my right big toe. WTF?!!! And to add insult to injury, my time was 24:14 - WAY slower than my PR...

Lesson learned - only run on the treadmill when absolutely necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment