Friday, October 14, 2011

10/14 WOD

Deadlift 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Okay, the little experiment is over after 7 weeks. Learned a lot and while I perhaps gained a little mass, I lost a lot. Biggest issue was my back ached big time, impacting sleep and even sitting for a prolonged time was rough. That beat me down a fair amount and made me not want to workout. Vicious cycle. The long hours in the gym stunk too. Things took way too much time and therefore I was a bit bitter. I lost a ton of fitness too - didn't want to do "cardio" after training with weights for an hour plus. Explosive power dropped big time too. But worst of all I felt like I lost that indestructible feeling. Hobbling around with an aching back will do that to you.

So I'm back to CrossFit. Missed it a lot and I'm looking forward to the sufferfests again. Excited to train vs. work out.

Of course I come back to heavy deadlifts. I don't think I've done any heavy deadlifting since prior to my neck injury in what was that, late January? Early February? Anyhow, I remember pulling a PR of 385# before I went on the disabled list. Figured I would ease back into things tonight but weights felt good. Did I push it a bit? Probably. Back rounding on the last rep but went up fairly quickly. Actually did a CFT on 4/26/11 and pulled a 332# deadlift. But nothing heavy since then.

275-295-315-325-330-340-350

So not bad, less than 10% off my PR. Where I know I'm going to suffer is the metcons. Tomorrow will be a good test... :)

Warmup: 500 singleunders, shoulder mobility stuff, CFWUx1 (ohs@45#, ring dips), deadlifts 10@135#, 6@185#, 4@235#

No comments:

Post a Comment