Wednesday, August 24, 2011

08/24 WOD

Okay trying an experiment - my wife was looking for some weight training advice so I showed her a program designed by Jamie Eason (www.bodybuilding.com/livefit). She didn't want to do CrossFit so this looked like something that would fit her needs. I've decided to do the same program for 12-weeks to see what kind of results I get. I will still integrate CrossFit into the workouts when possible and use some of the off days to do some CF stuff too. Can't give up something I've been doing for 2.5+ years cold turkey... :)

First workout was a 60% workout. Weights were 60% of max.

Wide pushups 3x12
Bench press 3x12 @115#
Flat bench cable flyes: 3x12 @11# plates (no cables - awkward right shoulder felt funky)
Narrow pushups 3x12
Overhead triceps dumbbell 3x12 @26#
Triceps pushdowns 3x12 @green pullup band

I don't have a lot of the equipment used so I had to improvise. A bit strange doing the classic style workouts. Narrow pushups were the toughest. Flyes who knows... Not a ton of functional movement on that lift. But I'm going to do the best I can to follow this.

Warmup: 500 single unders, shoulder mobility stuff (next time CFWU!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment