Tuesday, March 20, 2012

03/20 WODs

ASWOD
Deadlift 5 RM (add 10 lbs to last workout)
Strict Pull Ups 3 x max reps

DWOD
Complete 4 rounds:
100 yard Farmers Walk - AHAP
Sprint 100 yards
AHAP = As Heavy As Possible
Rest 90 seconds between efforts.


Okay first time doing heavy deadlifts in quite some time. Definitely at least this year and back into 2011. Had a goal of 295# - thought that seemed reasonable. Good warmup and it did feel good. Might have rounded a teeny bit but not sure. Weight seemed to go up pretty easily.

Funny was just talking to a friend about how many strict pullups I can do right now. I figured at least 15 possibly 18-20. That didn't take into consideration deadlifting before. But got 16 on the first round and then 10 and 7. 3 minute breaks in between sets. Pretty happy with those although I expect them to increase as well as I do more strict pullups.

For the DWOD I only had 50# dumbbells so used those. Probably couldn't have gone too much heavier as my grip was losing it at the end of round 4. Did an out and back for the farmer's walks and then ran at about 75% for the 100 yard sprints. Achilles felt good but I'm trying to build up the strength in it.

Warmup: 500 singleunders, shoulder/hip/leg mobility stuff, CFWUx1 (OHS@45#, ring dips); deadlift warmup: 10@95#, 8@135#, 5@185#, 5@205#, 5@245#; running warmup: 5x10 achilles

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mike,

    I had a bumper question. Do you have an email address? I don't want to clog your WOD page with my questions.
    Feel free to email me, jrhome8@gmail.com

    thanks.
    - jr

    ReplyDelete