Thursday, March 15, 2012

03/15 WODs

ASWOD
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5

DWOD
Complete 7 rounds:

Max Rep Plyo Push Ups
Sprint 50 yards

*Perform a plyo push up by placing one hand on a 45 lbs plate and the other on the floor, perform an explosive push up that allows you to transition the hand on the floor to hand on the plate

*Rest 45 seconds between rounds


Okay got advice from the CFFBers to do the Amateur strength WOD. I'm cool with that, doesn't hurt my ego. Probably makes better sense since I'm new to the program. I had just figured with my CF experience I could skip into the Collegiate strength WOD. I have a lot of strength I want to gain so this will help with the linear progression.

During squat warmups I felt a little tweak in my left knee. So kept the weight reasonable at 205# for the 3x5.

Bench press felt good, and I could go heavier with my safety spotters! Did 195# comfortably.

The DWOD was so much fun. I didn't sprint since I'm watching the achilles so instead did 10 doubleunders. I've lost my mojo on those and had a hard time stringing more than 3 together. Need to practice!

25-12-10-10-8-8-9 total 82 plyo pushups

Warmup: 500 barefoot singleunders, shoulder/hip/leg mobility stuff, CFWUx1 (OHS@45#, ring dips); squat warmup-10@45#, 5@135#, 5@185#; bench warmup-10@45#, 5@135#, 5@185#

No comments:

Post a Comment