Tuesday, November 8, 2011

11/08 WOD

7 rounds for time -
4 handstand push ups
6 reps, hang power snatch
24 double unders

Okay very cool my first workout at a CrossFit affiliate! CrossFit 801 in Utah. Referred a co-worker there so they said I could workout there while i was in town. Definitely a bit nervous, not used to working out with all these people around.

When I saw the WOD I thought, great handstand pushups... :(. 28 was going to be tough if not impossible at this time. I was confident with the hang power snatch and my double unders are slowly improving. Used 95# for the HPS's (rx'd was 115 - I think I could've done that). Double unders went pretty good. I actually did 5 rounds of handstand pushups unbroken. But faded hard on rounds 6 & 7 (took me longer to do the final two rounds than it did to do the first five rounds!). As a matter of fact I could only do negatives on the final round despite everyone cheering me on. Tried to do kipping handstand pushups but didn't know how to do them. Too bad really as I was on pace to beat the 6pm trainer. But 24 handstand pushups I'm happy with... :). HPS's all unbroken.

18:07

It sure was cool though sharing the pain with everyone. Pretty motivating when everyone is cheering you on to finish.

Warmup: 500m row, 2X of 7 inch worms, 7 kettlebell swings (1.5pood), 7 goblet squats with kettlebell, 21 singleunders

No comments:

Post a Comment