Saturday, August 28, 2010

08/28 WOD

400 meter Walking lunge

Well considering I haven't done any significant leg work or running in awhile, this was going to be interesting. I ran a lap around the track to warmup and noticed my legs felt itchy - uh oh, it has been awhile. Anyhow, my goal was sub-15 minutes. I went 80 straight lunges then stopped to take a quick break. I had covered about 100m and thought there is no way in hell I'm going to make it. Legs were on fire. So from there I broke it up into sets of 10. Mini-breaks every 10 lunges. Definitely still tough, but that's what I needed to do. A couple of times I almost couldn't get up. And then with the finish line in sight about 5 lunges away, I still had to break - couldn't get 15 in a row.

13:04, 345 steps

Happy with that time - will be feeling this one for a few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment